Famous diets and actresses: The Atkins Diet
No carb Atkins diet to lose 4 kg in a week:Famous Diets
The Atkins Diet is the main diet used by the famous Hollywood. The diet was created in 1970 by American cardiologist Robert C. Atkins. He had a great popular success and today is fashionable!
Atkins is characterized by the food consumption at will without carbohydrates.
Diet duration: 1 month.
Weight loss: 2-4 kilos in the first week. Then 1 to 2 kilos per week.
Diet composition: 90% protein and fat. 10% carbohydrates.
Advantages of the Atkins diet
The Atkins Diet is an easy diet to follow because often allowed to eat forbidden foods in other diets (protein and fat) and prohibits others considered more “boring” like vegetables and legumes.
Without hunger, without too much frustration. The rules of the Atkins diet are relatively easy to follow: do not count calories, do not eat carbs.
Sample menu diet Atkins Diet
• Scrambled eggs with ham or bacon,
• Coffee or tea without sugar. Lunch (choose one dish)
• a steak with salad,
• roast pork with vegetables,
• hake with spinach,
• fillet of beef covered with cheese and roasted tomatoes.
Dinner (choose one dish)
• Prawn cocktail with toast,
• Salad with roasted chicken,
• lamb chops with peas.
• Mineral water
• tomato juice or fruit
• red wine
Characteristics of the Atkins diet
The Atkins diet clearly marks the food groups that can consume:
You can eat foods rich in protein and fat will:
– Dairy products (butter, milk, cheese – except light cheese because they contain carbohydrates).
Foods to limit
You are entitled to eat 10% carbohydrates from 50 grams per meal of green vegetables.
All other foods rich in carbohydrates are removed:
– Legumes (beans, beans, peas, lentils),
– Sugary drinks and alcoholic beverages.
Weaknesses of the Atkins Diet
The Atkins diet has been criticized by doctors due to the following:
1. Saturated fats and high cholesterol proteins have been shown to be harmful to health (cancer, uric acid, triglycerides and cholesterol in the arteries, crystals in the joints).
2. By eating too few carbohydrates, the body seeks energy into fat, but also in the muscles, causing muscle wasting and fatigue.
3. The absence of the reduced contribution fruits and vegetables may cause a risky lack of vitamins and minerals.
4. Lack of fiber causes constipation problems and accumulation of metabolic waste.
In conclusion on the Atkins Diet
Atkins diet must be not more than 30 days. You must be careful with this diet, because they are so low in carbohydrates can provoke bad breath (halitosis). According to the Wall Street Journal, Dr. Atkins himself had a history of heart attack, heart failure and hypertension, and was overweight when he died at age 72 by a head injury after slipping, though the proponents indicated that their problems health had no connection to the diet that followed.